Does this mean I'm weak?

A while ago I had an unplanned pregnancy. Right when I got used to the idea and started being happily for my pregnancy, I miscarried. It was agony. I was only 10 weeks along. I could have passed large tissue, but honestly I was so emotionally fragile about it I just couldn't look into toilet each time I flushed because the miscarriage also gave me the poos. I was afraid of what I'd see, so I just didn't look and am ashamed of that.
Anyway, later I finally went into the emergency room and did not pass any large tissue from that point on. I just asked for painkillers, I usually am very good with pain, but the fact that I knew I was miscarrying right at the moment I finally became happy for the pregnancy. Because of the lack of a fetus and asking for meds this the doctor just looked down his nose and asked if I was "the kind of person that takes midol during periods". When I said yes (I mean, I work. It's convenient not to be in pain all day when I have to work) he just condescendingly said "yea, that makes sense then".
That makes me scared because I really want to have natural birth. I know that it'll hurt like nothing else, but I always felt that joy and motivation of it would help me through.
Am I weak because I just wanted to drown out the pain of a miscarriage.