SEVERE back pain & cramping

Elsie • "If you bring forth that which is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
I am 37 weeks, and 1 day. Last week I was 2 cm dilated and thinning. I've been having contractions off and on for the past few weeks but nothing time-able. Today my SO and I had sex. About an hour later I started getting BAD low back pain that is constant. This has been going on almost 4 hours now. I've also been contracting, but I'm finding it very hard to time my contractions. The pain in my back is so bad that I can't really tell when the contractions in my abdomen begin or end. My belly just feels pretty consistently hard to the touch, as if it's just been in one long contraction. Did anyone ever start labor like this? I never thought thought I would question labor. I always thought I would just know. I really don't want to go to the hospital any sooner than I absolutely have to. Any similar experiences? Thoughts? Advice? Sympathies? Even if you all just distract me it would be much appreciated!👍👌