please help I'm an idiot

Okay guys thank you to whoever reads it and thank you to whoever responds but I need a little help here just some opinions. 
My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and almost 8 months. We've been having protected sex wether it's condoms or birth control or both. We only used condoms for about a yearish. But once I got my birth control (implanon) in February we thought 'oh who needs condoms when you have birth control' so yes we made a dumb decision. But I kinda think my birth control failed me.. I usually have my period once or twice a month. I'm 24 days late and I've gained a little weight. Idk how possible it is with implanon but I would really like your guys opinion or intake on what I should do. I'm scared to take a pregnancy test because one I'm not ready for any of this and two neither of us have the money for a test. His car just broke and I don't really know who to go to about this. I don't wanna go to my boyfriend because I've already freaked him out once asking for a pregnancy test. (Long story happened months ago)  I know we're idiots so there's no need for nasty comments.