birth story

Brittney
On October 31st I went for my 39 week check up and had high blood pressure so they decided to induce on the spot . They started induction at 4 pm on the 31st, gave me citotech , pitocin, eventually broke my water hours later . I got an epidural at 6 cm . Hours went by again . At 6:40 pm on the 1st of November I was 10 cm and it was time to push . She arrived at 7pm on the dot with the umbilical cord tight around her neck , they cut it and she was okay. 7 lbs 2 oz, 19.5 inches . Everything was looking great but then I couldn't stop bleeding . There was a tear in my cervix and I had to be rushed to the OR, they packed my uterus with gauze to stop bleeding and then performed the surgery . I had to get a blood transfusion because I lost a third of my total blood volume and had to stay for 4 days to recover . I finally was able to go home . Had lots of vaginal pain once I got home and then on November 7th I was peeing and decided to feel if my stitches were still there . Instead I felt a foreign object coming out of my vagina . It was a gauze packing they had forgotten in my uterus . I pulled 4 ft of gauze out of my vagina . Got a really bad fever but am recovering now . Baby is happy and healthy so it was all worth it