birth story

Bonnie
My water broke at 7am right after my husband left for work on 11/2. We were 38+1 so it caught me off guard. I called my husband, best friend and our doula to get things started, but nothing happened. We waited 4 hours and nothing happened. I called my ob to let them know we'd be headed to the birth center and they didn't seem concerned. In total we waited 8 hours to go to the hospital. We tried everything to stimulate contractions and nothing worked! I knew they were going to pit me when we got there, which was the last thing I wanted. We arrived, had an ultrasound and had a good monitored session. Baby was doing great! The doc came in and said (.no, this was not a dream, just a dream come true!) "you're not in labor, let's get you some food and let you sleep, we will do this tomorrow as long as baby is doing well". No pit! My contractions started on their own at 3am, I took one cytotec at 5am. Active labor started at about 9am. We had a smooth, unmedicated labor with my sweet Will arriving at 2:30, all 8#14oz with zero complications! I'm still pinching myself that every thing went so well, we are so grateful for the amazing staff that let him calmly come on his own. I do have a ranging case of PUPPS that has expanded now all the way from my abdomen to my knees, but I'll take it!