my boyfriends family

I honestly don't know what to do... so my boyfriend and I haven't been together for very long and we're both very young (I'm 16 and he's 17). I have really bad anxiety and I'm recovering from depression(not easy) and he's got depression, he's tried to committe suicide twice before. Right now we are on opposite sides of the country (for school). We were up late last night studying on skype as I had a exam this morning and he also had exams to write today... 
He was reading his notes to me and he stop so I told him to continue, with a very blank stare on his face he told me to wait as he jumped up and hurried out of the room he was in. (The Skype was still on) he only came back an hour later, in floods of tears, after a while of me trying to calm him down he told me that he heard his mom (who is also depressed and has suicidal issues and has been in rehab 2 times already) and his step father fight and that they are getting a divorce and that his father must be out of the house by the end of the month... 
My boyfriend was in absolute shock and was screaming and crying for hours last night (hence I didn't get much studying done but I'd do anything for him). Two days ago was their wedding anniversary and my boyfriend made a video of their wedding photos and played it for them and everything... he is absolutely crushed.
He chose not to write his exams today, he's gone to his physiologist. But I can't help but worry about him, I really wanted him to write the exams as it was important for him to do well.
Last night during the caos his mother messaged me to make sure he was okay and then she came for a little while and joined the skype call, i was asked a few questions like what they should do if they should move etc.. I just feel like because we haven't been together for very long I shouldn't influence these decisions... I don't know I'm looking for any help or advice...