Struggling

Lauren • 31, partner is 35. We have three children, William 10, Georgia 2 & Eliza just born. I work with domestic abuse victims in the north east of England. Partner is a roofer/joiner.

I had a baby 17 days ago. Just 17 days. I know its tiring with a new born, & you get caught in a whirlwind of feeding, changing, winding, cleaning up sick. But i wasnt quite prepared to struggle.

I was 21 when i had my son, now 7. I had him alone, a young, single parent with a baby who went every 2 hours for feeds. Labour and delivery with him were awesome. 37.5 hours, but i did it with gas and air and a shot of diamorphine. I was good. I got him out, and it was a lovely experience. Afterwards i coped. I was awesome for a young, tired, first time mum. I was organised. I felt like i just knew what i was doing.

Im 29 now. & my daughter is 17 days old. I have a loving, supportive partner, & much more help this time than before. & im drowning. The birth was hell, i should of had a transfusion and they didnt give me one. Sent me away with iron tablets. Im exhausted. She goes between 2, 3 and 4 hours for feeds. She cries all the time. Never settles. I feel like i sit in the same spot on the couch from 3am till bedtime. Then i only see my bed for a couple of hours and im back downstairs with her again. Im so unorganised. My house is a mess. My son is feeling left out and i really dont blame him.

I wasnt prepared not to cope.

🙁😣