My birth story πŸŒŽπŸ’›βœ¨

Emma β€’
On October 3rd I had my 20 week ultrasound. At the ultrasound my cervix had measured 2.3 cm. The phycian wasn't sure whether or not this was my normal length or if my cervix was shortening so I was scheduled for an appointment a week later to determine this. At the appointment my cervix measured the same length as before... but to be safe they scheduled me for another appoinment two weeks after that one. At this appointment my cervix had then shortened to 2.0 cm, therefore it had been shortening. The physician and I spoke and I was prescribed prometrium progesterone capsules that were to be inserted vaginally every night. November 3rd (24 weeks and 6 day) I woke up with cramp like feelings around 7 a.m.. throughout the morning the feeling worsened and came in segments. I thought that this could be due to dehydration so I started to drink a lot more water than usual. The pain only got worse so I called my doctor and I was told to go home, rest, drink two bottles of water, eat something surgery, to track the baby's movements and to call back within an hour with an update of how I was feeling. At 12:30 p.m. I called my doctor and explained that the baby wasn't moving much and that the pain was only increasing. She told me to come in for an ultrasound to see what was going on. Once I got there I was called back and the tech went to perform an internal ultrasound. As soon as the tech inserted the probe to check my cervix she immediately pulled it out and called in the doctor. The doctor came in and inserted her fingers to check my cervix. As soon as she had done that... she had also.. immediately removed them. She then said to me that she felt absolutely no cervix and only the amniotic sac and that I needed to go to Hershey or York hospital by ambulance immediately. At this moment I began to panic, as well as my fiancΓ© (baby's dad). We weren't mentally prepared at all that we were going to be parents yet... especially to a micro preemie. The emt's came to get me (... literally in the same bed that I was in while getting the ultrasound.) I was rushed to the hospital immediately. Once I got there and to my room I was given the steroid shot that helps with the baby's lungs. Along with multiple different medications. They also put in a catheter (probably the most uncomfortable part of my labor & delivery... I was peeing over it.) 😭 This was done because I couldn't stand up due to gravity helping the baby come out. I was put in trendelenburgs position and given oxygen. At around 5:20 a.m. I literally heard and felt my water break. Around 5:33 a.m. I felt baby drop into my vagina I believe... I'm not entirely sure if that's where she was but all I know is that I felt her down there. I yelled to the nurses and doctors that I needed to push and immediately I had about the whole NICU team plus many other nurses and doctors in my room. I pushed about three times and Nova Analiese Noelani was born at 5:35 p.m. 1 pound 7 ounces. Since then she has gone through heart surgery and many many other roller coasters. Today she's doing as good as expected for a baby born as early as she had been. I'd like to thank all who have had my beautiful in their thoughts and prayers. It's very much appreciated and I'd also like to send MY thoughts and prayers to each and everyone of you. I hope all is well and that you each continue to have a healthy andΒ Β eautiful pregnancy. (I apologize for the story length) πŸ’›βœ¨