"Not Pregnant"

My husband and I have been TTC for at least 5 months. I know doctors say that it takes 6months to a year to get pregnant but I refuse to be that person. My gynocologist and I are close so I went to her last month and she put me on clomid and metformin. December (this month) was the first month using it. I ovulated 2 days in a row and we had sex on day 12,14, & 16 like she instructed and I know that we hit my ovulation days right on the head. I am two days away from my period but I have been having "symptoms" or it's all in my head symptoms.  I have been having period like cramps for the past two weeks like I'm about to start any minute. I have be nauseated maybe twice in the past two weeks and my nipples have been extremely sore, but my aeriolas have not gotten darker and my boobs aren't sore it's just my nipples. My boobs and nipples do not normally get sore before I start my period. I also noticed today that my nose was running and I rarely get sick or have a runny nose and I've read that sometimes that's a sign, but it was freezing today. My appetite has increased a little and I've been craving foods, so I think, and I get extremely tired half way through the day which is unusual but I'm going to blame that on my lack of B12 vitamins. I'm get highly discouraged after I have taken more then a few pregnant test and they all have been a BIG FAT negative. I was trying not to get my hopes up that I could be pregnant and every time I have a "symptom" I try to talk myself out of thinking I am but I would love to be able to surprise my husband and family for Christmas with a pregnancy. I'm really venting but would LOVE some feedback on those who are or have experienced "symptoms" like mine and I would love to know if you have been pregnant or are when did your pregnancy test finally show positive?