Prepping for TTC

Heather • I`m 42, DH is 41. After 8yrs married he had a VR 2/3/17 so hopefully we can have a 👶 together. Tips appreciated :)
After 8 years of marriage my husband has come to realize my longing to have a baby with him isn't going to cease. Just before Thanksgiving (2016) he scheduled a vasectomy reversal for February 13th. We have a couple hurdles, but we are optimistic. I'm 42, so as soon as he was serious I started taking prenatals, and scheduled appointments for me. After a preconception visit, blood work and follow-up ultrasound my OBGYN believes we have every reason to hope for a good outcome as long as the VR goes as it should and sperm meets all the criteria. 
I've been charting my periods for almost 5 years, so I already knew that my cycles are regular, but I'm have never tracked ovulation. I'm hoping tomorrow I will see a temperature spike that correlates with a positive OT (or is that POT lol it'll take awhile before I get the lingo). Yesterday the ultrasound showed my largest follicle was 16mm, which means it should be 18mm today, which means I should ovulate in 12-24 hours. I am fortunate enough to have some of the extra information this cycle so it would be awesome to see what positive home test results look like so I know I'm tracking and reading properly. Temperature goes up and down day to day, OTK results all look like negative positives and I couldn't trust any symptoms of anything right now because I'm so excited for this opportunity. I read article after article, I've got us taking more supplements than I can keep track of, eating better and exercising more, already have names chosen and nursery colors picked out...and I never stop forgetting how hard the miscarriages are, the negative PTs, and the waiting. I am just so excited to actually be going through all of this with my husband, and the possibility of a baby. It's really important to me that I stay positive, and I would really appreciate any words of wisdom, encouragement and advice. Also, I need an outlet so I don't make my much more level headed husband and friends insane with my baby talk. Point me in the right direction, please.