someone just couldn't wait!

Kim
I was originally due January 16, 2017, exactly 1 year from my miscarriage. At the 20 week ultrasound we found out baby was breech but of course everyone said he has so much room and time to move. Well...that never happened! So on Thursday at my doctors appointment we scheduled a csection for January 10. Only being 1 cm dilated and really high, the doctor said there was no way this little guy would come before the 10th. At 3:45 am Friday I woke up to a small trickle and thought omg I just peed myself! Went to the bathroom and saw that I was starting to lose my mucus plug. I had what I thought was heavy discharge and very random but not intense contractions for the next few hours. Finally at 1:30 pm I realized maybe I should start timing these contractions. By 2:30 they were every 10-15 minutes apart so I figured I would cal the doctor. He informed for me to stay home since they weren't consistent yet and I was barely dilated. Next thing I know, I start bleeding. I told my husband I didn't care what I was told and was heading in. On the hour long drive, my contractions intensed and they became every 2-3 minutes. We laughed that we might still be sent home. We finally arrived and was moved to a holding area since they were out of beds. I was immediately checked and told I was 9 cm dilated, had lost my fluid, and there might not be time to  perform the csection before baby arrived! I was terrified as the doctors sprinted to an OR and quickly delivered my son. We checked into the hospital at 5:30 and we were in recovery by 6:14! Craziest and yet one of the most exciting days of my life! We are all in love with baby Trevor, born on December 30, 2016! 6 pounds 7 oz and 19 inches long!