Not congratulating pregnancy

K

Ive been reading many posts of ladies who refuse to congratulate others positives. First of all, this is not to be hurtful for anyone or hateful. I only want to point out out, that for those ladies, there is another side you should consider too. You see, if youve got close friends or family who recently got a bfp and you havent, they are aware. If they care for you, they are secretly hurting to give a reveal. Its almost just as hurtful to have to tell that person who has been trying for so long that your pregnant. The last thing they want is to see the pain come across your face.

For me personally, i am in that situation. My first pregnancy reveal went horrible bc i have a sil who hasnt been able to conceive for years. I new it was going to hurt her, so i prayed for her over and over for comfort when i did reveal. I mean, you cant hide it. When we did tell our family, she cried for hours and packed her clothes and left. It was so akward and non of our other family members would talk about it with us. They didnt want to make the situation worse. I understood, but it was so hurtful and conflicting for me too. I didnt want her to hurt, but it was my first! I wanted to talk about the good news!! I remained quiet, and still, 2 weeks later they wont talk about it if shes around. Were all walking on egg shells i guess. Im sacrificing celebration to help keep her happy. Im not complaining bc she has every right to be upset, i just want those of you on the other side to understand our point of view. Its difficult for us too and also causes pain in different ways. I get that some women will just rub their bfp in your face and thats not what im talking about. Or aquaintances on fb or other social media. Im just talking about close friends or family who care about u too. Its tough for both sides

EDIT**** this post is NOT ABOUT ME. I added my situation as an example. Its about just wanting people to see both sides and not just one. As ive gone through a lot of glow topics, the problem of "being mad at women getting pregnant" is why i wrote this. Not about my personal issue.