How Swearing Off Selfies Changed My Self-Confidence

Erin
So guys, I know this is going to sound totally crazy, but swearing off posting selfies to social media has completely improved my view of myself. 
It all started on a drunken night out with my boyfriend. He had reached that point where anything and everything he was thinking was spilling out of his mouth. I remember him asking me "Why do you post selfies? Do I not give you enough attention? Why do you feel like you need other people's approval?" And I remember at first I was furious, but then I gave it some thought and he was right.... why exactly did I feel the urge to share pictures of myself with other people? It's not like anything significant was happening in the picture? So I swore off selfies for good. 
October 11 was the last day I posted a selfie to social media, and since that day I have seen a drastic improvement in my self-confidence. My image of myself is no longer reliant on how many likes I get or how many comments I get. I now find my confidence in the mirror... it's about what I think about ME. And of course the compliments from the boyfriend help too. 😉
So in 2017 I challenge you to stop the selfies and stop looking for other people's approval, because at the end of the day, what matters is what you think about yourself! 😊