false labor

Kayla
I'm 36 +5 weeks pregnant. I woke up around 4am with really bad abdominal pain. I thought maybe it was just gas so I tried to let it pass but it was getting worst. I finally woke my mom up and she made me some tea but then I started getting contractions every 15 minutes. The pain was completely unbearable. Finally a hour in I couldn't take the pain anymore (I have a very very low pain tolerance) so my boyfriend took me to the hospital. On the way to the hospital we had to pull over so I could throw up 🤢.
When I went to L&D the nurses were kind of rude saying I should have called my doctor before coming in and I'm only suppose to come in when contractions are 3-5 minutes apart.  As soon as they hook me up to the monitor the pain started to ease. They said that I am only 1cm dilated so they have to discharge me. As they discharge me the pain comes on again. The nurse said it was just signs of early labor.. but that's it. Now I'm home and I feel some discomfort here and there but nothing as bad as this morning. I know some woman can stay 1cm dilated for weeks. I wanted to know how can I speed up dilation bc I am just completely uncomfortable. I also feel dumb for waking everybody up this morning thinking I was in labor and I wasn't. I also work at the hospital where I'm going to deliver at so it was even more embarrassing bc everyone thought I was going to have the baby and they discharged me  🤦🏾‍♀️