Baby shower blues

Diantha • Pregnant with baby #7

Today is my baby shower, well.... I wasn't going to have one because this is my seventh child, but my "friend" who is only 3 weeks behind me in her pregnancy told me last month that we should at least do a double shower.

Her MIL is throwing her a shower next week though (that I'm not invited to btw).... This is the only thing i get.

She messaged me 5 days ago and said "arent we doing the shower this Saturday?" i was like oh yea, where? "Your house" ok what ya wanna do for it? "You choose".....

So far I've, last-minute, 1. made the virtual invites and sent them 2. Painted my walls to look nice for the guests (6 kids makes them icky) 3. Bought decor and planned games with prizes 4. Planned and bought food 5. I get to decorate and set everything up.

She has.... Offered to bring "a" sandwich tray.

So she's getting 2 showers (this is her 3rd child), and I'm working my 35w 3d pregnant butt off to throw myself my own shower that i gotta share.

Worst part.... People never show up to parties i throw... So if anyone does it'll be for her and not me.

People who know us both rsvp that they can't come to this one cuz they are going to her other one.

Am i wrong to be upset? Hormones makes me worry I'm overreacting. I just wanna cry because today isn't going to feel like celebrating my baby, it's going to feel like I'm just hosting her shower.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢