I cheated

Before you bother insulting me, stop. It won't do any good. I guarantee that I've already thought that criticism and every single other at least a hundred times. I get it, alright? Cheating is the worst thing that you can do to another person. And if you really wanna comment about that, be my guest. But it'll be a waste of both our time. That's not why I'm posting this. I'm posting this because I feel awful and I want to know if I should break up with him. For his sake. I don't think I deserve him and I definitely don't think he should have to be around a cheater. I didn't do anything serious, I just flirted with someone else. Heavily. The affair lasted for a week. I feel absolutely horrible. Do you think I should let him go? We're still in love but I just feel like anyone who would consider breaking his heart should be with him. And before you think to say "if you loved him you wouldn't have cheated" STOP. Yes. I DO fucking love him. There are psychological reasons for cheating, and it's not because I don't feel love for him. Besides, if you really want to say something like that, please just think it and don't comment it. I've been through a lot internally, I really don't need it. Maybe you think that's a bitchy thing to say after I put HIM through worse, but please... even if you have no respect for me, don't kick me when I'm on the ground.