Soylent arrived! Day 1!

Kendra • Find your own happiness. Don't do what others expect of you. ~Baby Dust~

Day 1:

I had breakfast as my soylent hadn't arrived yet. It consisted of two eggs an English muffin and sausage. Overall it was 500 calories.

Soylent arrived right as I was digging in the pantry for lunch so I excitedly ran to my package. As I opened the little pouch it smelled of vanilla and faintly of soy. I leaped with glee at the familiar scent. Each scoop of soylent is 250 calories and there are 2000 calories per bag. I quickly dumped 500 calories worth of soylent in my bottle and added water.

I shook the bottle vigorously and after a moment it was blended well. I took an anxious sip and it reminded me of warm pancake batter. It was very good. I decided to add ice cubes and shook again and then it tasted like soy milk and I instantly fell in love. It is delicious. After some math I discover living off soylent alone would cost me around $200 a month. This is still significantly cheaper than groceries. I decided to cut costs even more by adding cacao powder and peanut butter bringing the drink to 1300 calories in a day. With this math it will be $58 for 28 days. I looked up the nutritional information and discovered the peanut butter I was using is very low in sodium and high in protein the cacao powder had no sugars and was 100% dark chocolate. Each container cost $5 so overall it will be $68 a month for my food costs.

After about five sips I felt myself get quite full so I stopped drinking until I felt the need to sip again and realized that this easily will last me all day. I was worried I would chug this and resort to snacking out of boredom and am happy to see I can simply snack on this. I am currently sipping as I type and am enjoying myself. I instantly feel more energized but I'm wondering if this is simply excitement.

I enjoy the texture as well. It is like drinking a partially melted milkshake and I do not mind it at all. The only issue is you have to shake it every few minutes to keep it from being chunky. I also am having a hard time drinking out of the jug but will add a straw. I am also chugging two bottles of water every three or four hours to keep up hydration. I think this will work. My stats and photos are below.

Overall calories: 1289 kcals

Cacao powder: 199 kcals 3 tbsps per scoop

Peanut butter: 599 kcals 3 tbsps per scoop

Soylent: 500 kcals 2 scoops

Water: 180floz (separate from soylent mixture)

Breakfast: 500 calories (will not consume breakfast any longer)

Calories consumed today: 1789 kcals

Calorie goal: 1200-1300 kcals

Goal not met

Energy level scale of 1-10: 7

Sleep duration: 10 hours

Weight: 243 lbs

Weight goal at end of week: 240-241 lbs

Exercise: 1hr yoga

Exercise goal for end of week: 7 hrs yoga 7 hrs cardio

What do you guys think of my stats and plan so far? Is there anything you would take away or add? Are there any stats you would like to add? Any questions? Please comment anything you like below. This is controversial as it is a food replacement and is deemed the food of the future. I am doing a controversial experiment with my body and would like to create a discussion over the food of the future and wether or not this is a good good substitute. I am choosing to show the effects this substance has on my body. I hope this causes a good discussion.