cystic fibrosis carrier

Becca • ✨✨Mother of 2 ✨✨
Hi ladies! I had some blood work done at my 16 week appointment and they asked if I wanted to do the CF testing, I opted for it because I knew a friend who had it and she passed away 2 years ago. It was very hard to watch her go through it I had know her since she was 8 and I just wanted to be aware. Well it turns out I am a carrier! I didn't find out with my first born he is perfectly healthy not even a carrier, they didn't even ask me if I wanted to be tested with him, I understand that my husband also had to be a carrier for my kids to have the disease. If he is a carrier there is a 1 in 4 chance my kids will have CF he had the testing done yesterday and my doctor said I won't get results until next week! I am partially heart broken and scared beyond belief. I just want to know if there are any other mamas going through this? If so how are you all coping? 
UPDATE: no results yet, I've been getting a bit of a run around at my office they told me 7 days they would have the results and Thursday (that was 7 days) we called they told us they'd have the nurse call us back and that never happened, we called Friday and they closed at noon, so I have to go another weekend trying not to stress! I keep telling my self no news is good news....right? 
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE: we just got a phone call letting us know hubby is not a carrier!!! We are so happy that everything will work out and our baby girl will be okay! Thank you everyone so much for your kind words and helping me stay sane through this!