Around 15months ago, my partner and I decided to stop birth control and start trying for a baby

Rebecca
Around 15months ago, my partner and I decided to stop birth control and start trying for a baby. Month after month we kept getting BFNs which was so disheartening, especially when AF was late and we couldn't help but get our hopes up.
​I always said I was not going to stop living my life and it would happen when it was the right time therefore I still went out and drank with friends and enjoyed myself from time to time. After Christmas we decided it was time to buckle down and really try so we both said that at the end of January we were both going to stop drinking and smoking and try all ways to increase our chances of pregnancy.
​AF was due 21st Jan and by 24th there was still no sign but I didn't want to get my hopes up. The next morning I went and got some cheap tests just to put my mind at ease. Gradually that second line started showing, faint but showing. I couldn't believe my eyes I thought I was going crazy! After doing another with the same result I was still doubting it. I decided to get a digital to be sure and seeing the word PREGNANT confirmed it for me. I ran upstairs and jumped on my parter shouting 'I think I'm pregnant' to which he replied 'what makes you think that'.
​Well the 3 tests I've just done make it pretty obvious.
​Words can't describe how happy, shocked, amazed and grateful we are!
​I'm now 6 weeks and it still hasn't sunk in and don't think it will til my first scan, just hoping it's a sticky one ❤