Confused about a possible STD....

I'm looking for some help about a possible std I might have, but I'm so confused about it. I've never had sex with anyone who wasn't clean, but recently I had a flare up which I thought could have been a yeast infection. I've been with my bf for almost 11 months now; we've had sex plenty of times and nothing has happened until now. I've been tested twice, both times I was clean. The extra confusing part? We both went somewhere for vacation, and he got a yeast infection. He went to get it checked and it was confirmed that that's what it was. Not even a day later that he gets it, is when I get it. I was on my period when I got it, and we hadnt had sex for 5 days before it. But the more I look into it, the more it seems like it could be something like genital warts? I'm not sure and I'm confused because again, I and he have never had sex with anyone that wasn't clean. The symptoms I have are redness, swelling, itchyness, and sometimes burning. I don't have the discharge or smelly symptoms that are associated with yeast infections. I try to look for myself but because I can't see and only feel, it scares me more. I've felt and pulled out what look like papules? Which is why I'm scared that it could be something else because I don't see this listed anywhere for yeast infections... Any suggestions?
(I've already made an appointment to get tested on Friday, I'm just impatient and scared)