What I wish I'd known

Kate
I originally posted in General but having just turned 32 and feeling a bit low I needed to remind myself... 
What I'd tell myself at the start of my ttc journey 
1. Yes, you did just read the abbreviation 'ttc' for trying to conceive, in fact, you will soon start using all abbreviations (that seemed alien to you just a few weeks ago) like a pro. Who even knew there were abbreviations for this kind of stuff?!
2. Make sure your wifi is up to it. You will spend hours on Google, you'll know more than you thought possible about fertility: the supplements to take, temperatures, hormones, cm etc. You could have a diploma in googling fertility and will wonder whatever happened to Sarah123 on that unfinished thread about implantation dips from 2012, I mean, did she get pregnant or what?!
3. CM, yes, you will discover cervical mucus is a thing. You may talk to other women about it. Never thought about that huh...
4. You will spend a fortune on supplements. Prenatals, Omega 3, co enzyme q10, Royal jelly. You'll also be popping them down your husband's throat as soon as he sits down. Lucky chap! 
5. Bulk buy as you will spend another FORTUNE on OPKs and pregnancy tests, and have a secret stash in the bathroom. You'll know your Amazon driver by name...You don't know it yet, but you're about to become a peeing on a stick addict. That's a thing too. You'll also feel like a naughty child when your husband discovers the pregnancy test wrappers 😳 
6. You will see women on forums like this who have been trying 1,2,3+ years and you'll wonder how they keep trying because you're at the start of your journey that seems like FOREVER
7. You'll soon realise these women are strong and brave. Months quickly pass and you don't feel that you can be that strong and brave, but if you need to be, you will be 💪🏼
8. You'll be surrounded by pregnant people. It will feel like everyone you know will be getting pregnant. Each time you hear an announcement it will feel like a slap to the face, you will feel sad and that's ok but try to be generous in your thoughts of others-everyone is on a journey that we often know nothing about. 5 birth announcements on Facebook this week, each time you write congratulations you'll feel a pang on jealously like a punch to the stomach 👊🏼
9. Remember that before there are three there are two. You've found a man special enough to want his children, keep investing in him, keep investing in your relationship. You will need him to keep you strong when you're not feeling strong yourself 
10. People will be insensitive, intrusive and rude, often without realising and you will become super sensitive to it. If you can't be honest about your situation (and aren't ready to discuss your fertility with the world) quickly learn responses and coping mechanisms when people tell you "you'd better get a move on if you want children" or that "your biological clock is ticking". You quickly learn that you'll never ever ask a woman about her fertility or childless status unless she volunteers the information. 
11. You'll be reminded that gender inequality still exists as not a single person tells your husband they should be getting a move on or that their biological clock is ticking... You'll feel a bit righteous and girl powerish about this
12. You'll discover a magical time warp called 'the two week wait.' In a nutshell It's two weeks, except in this time warp, it's actually much much longer than two weeks! Every day will drag and you'll feel a small pleasure when you realise you miscounted and you're further into the tww than you thought
13. You'll discover your internet usage goes a little crazy in the two week wait. You'll also go a little crazy... Is it too early for implantation pain? Are my temperatures high enough? Is it PMS or AF? Did anyone think they were getting their period and and up with a positive? You will become a detective, searching for evidence your positive may still be coming... 
14. Month after month your BFP won't come despite looking at tests at multiple angles, squinting and holding to the light. You'll feel heartbroken and wonder if you can go through the same hope and heartbreak the next month, but you will. Allow yourself to cry if your heart feels sad but it's a new month and a new opportunity to try again...
15. Your excitement and fun at ttc will grow into anxiety as each month passes. You'll internalise this and spend lots of time worrying and thinking of the worst case scenario. Try not to shut out your husband, it's his journey too and he worries about you, he sees past the brave face
16. It will consume you, you say at the start of your journey it won't, but it will. The more you want it the further out of grasp it seems. People will tell you to 'relax' and then you'll be fine. That's near on impossible when you want something so much, but what you CAN do is make alternative plans of great things to do if there isn't a baby on the way-weekends away, exotic holidays, evenings out, new hobbies. Let life plans continue and keep investing (see point 9) 
17. You might feel lonely on your ttc journey, especially if you don't want to discuss it with friends and family yet. You'll find support from reading online about women you don't know, in the same situation as you. That's pretty great
18. You'll start to worry what's wrong. Statistically you should have fallen pregnant by now. You're doing everything by the book, you're worried why it's not happening. I know you're frightened of what may come next but be brave and book that doctors appointment...
19. You'll learn loads about yourself, like that you're actually not very patient and you've developed a new addiction of peeing on a stick!
You'll also realise that when you are hopefully finally blessed with a child, you will never take parenthood for granted. 
20. Be kind to yourself and have faith. You are stronger than you thought you'd be. This journey is harder that you thought it would be and its not over yet. Keep going X