He is here!!!

Sorry it took so long to get this posted. Being a mommy is a full time job!! Any way it all started on December 31st. I started having mild contractions but noting consistant. However I remember being very uncomfortable and wanting contractions to pick up so I could meet my little man. On January 1st it was still the same. Having contractions but they were not getting closer. However that night I didn't hardly get any sleep because every once in a while I would get a contraction that would wake me up. Then on January 2nd things started to pick up. I remeber calling my midwife and asking her if this was the real deal. She assured me that this was early signs of labor and not to go to the hospital until they were 2 to 3 min apart and lasting a minute long. So that night I remember being woke up out of a dead sleep with contractions uncomfortable enough that I had to get in the shower and let the hot water run on my back. I honestly thought I was just constipated and needed to go potty but couldnt. I had already had an ultrasound scheduled that morning which was January 3rd so I though if anything was going on they would catch it and see. I had been having some really runny discharge but nothing showing me that my water had broken. Anyway on the way to the ultrasound pains were getting more uncomfortable. I could actually time them and they were becoming more consistant. During my ultrasound the tech was loke it seems that your amniotic fluid is low. I'm gonna call your midwife and see what she wants to do. So of course my dr. Was like admitted her. So on the way to my room nurses were discussing how they were going to induce me. Little did they know I was already contracting!! So once I got in my room I told them I had been having pains already and didn't know if I would still need to be induced. So they hooked me up and said yep your contracting every 2 to 3 min. They also checked me and said I was 4 cm dialated!! Boy was this music to my ears. Any way contractions became closer together and more intense. The shower helped tremendously with hot water on my back. Then I was able to get in the birthing pool. By this time it was about 6 in the evening and contractions were becoming pretty painful. I asked them to check me again. She said I was 6 cm. In my head I was thinking are you freaking kidding me! These are so painful. From 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. I had only went from a 4 to a 6. I was starting to get discouraged but told myself my body was made to do this and I can do it!! At 7 I got out of the birthing pool because I was becoming to hot and began to feel nauseous. The nurse wanted to check me again and I was between a 7 and 8. They decided to call my midwife to have her come. By this time I had to just give into the pain. I couldn't talk and didn't want anyone else to talk either. I just focused on my breathing and made really low sounds through every contraction. At 8 the midwife checked me and I was a 9. I was so relieved that this was going much faster. By 830 I was a 10 but couldn't push yet because there was still some of my cervix in the way so the midwife had me stand up and try to say my hips. This helped alot. At 9 p.m. I was ready to push. 4 or 5 contractions later my baby boy was on top of my chest. I pushed for 28 min but it only seemed like 5. My baby was born on January 3rd at 9:28 p.m. he weighed 7lbs 13.3 oz and was 21 inches long. We did two hours of skin to skin/nursing. My Birth experience was amazing and all natural. Labor is hard but to all you ladies out there wanting a natural birth it is achievable if you set your mind to it. It's very painful but tolerable!! I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Best experience of my life!!