*UPDATE* Bawling my eyes out! 😭

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and trying to potty train my 2.5 year old. For some reason, he has a fetish with playing in his poop. I can usually change him fast enough throughout the day so that he doesn't play in it, but during nap time or bed time, I would always end up having to clean walls and beds of poop. It's disgusting. I tried everything, time outs, fastening his diaper on backwards, putting him in sleepers (he takes them off, even backwards), checking on him every thirty minutes. Nothing worked. I came across this thread when I was googling advice, and many women have had this issue with their LO and said the ONLY thing that worked was a cold shower. It sounded so cruel, but after three nights in a row having to wipe poop off his bed and give him a bath, I decided to try it. About ten minutes ago, he came downstairs with his hands painted in poop (he sleeps in a toddler bed, so he's able to roam), and I gave him a cold shower. It broke my heart, hearing him cry as the cold water hit his arms as I wiped them off, but I stuck to my guns hoping this would be the only time I'd have to do it. After I turned the shower off, he was happy again and ready to play. I put him to bed in fresh pajamas and a clean sheet. I'm hoping this works, because I can't do it again.  I can't stop crying. 😭
*UPDATE* So that night, I had to do a second cold shower. It lasted a little longer than the first because he had poop EVERYWHERE, so I think it made him realize what he was doing was wrong. Anyway, we're now on day 2 and he hasn't played in his poop ONCE. Not at all, not even a little, completely steered clear of his pull up. I'm hoping this means it worked and I don't have to do it again, because I literally cried with him the entire time I cleaned him off. It's heartbreaking, but I think it worked! Thanks for the support and asking for an update, I was afraid I would be called a bad mother. 😔 
*UPDATE 2* Thanks again for the support from the mothers who understand what I'm going through. As for the ones calling this abuse, I must tell you, I never spank my kid. Spanking does nothing positive, it just teaches them to hit when they are angry. A cold shower is literally just cold water. He was in the shower for maybe a minute before I pulled him out and dried him off and put him in fresh clean clothes. I'm sorry, I don't want my kid to play in his poop and get some kind of illness or infection, I have literally tried everything. A camera does well if you stare at it the entire time, but I have other things to do like clean the house, etc. I'm not a perfect mom, I realize that, but I am not abusing my son by cleaning him up after he smears poop all over himself. 🙄 He's not traumatized, he still loves bath time, and we're continuing the potty training. If you have anything negative to say, please say it somewhere else and not on this thread. 
*UPDATE 3* It's now been 4 nights, and he hasn't played in his poop once. I'm pretty sure the cold showers worked, and I haven't had to give him any more. Also, during bath time every night he doesn't freak out or even look up at the shower, so he has no qualms during bath time. Glad this is finally behind us and we can focus all of our energy getting him potty trained before his baby brother arrives! Thanks for the kind words. ❤
*FINAL UPDATE* I appreciate the positive responses I have received here! If anyone decides this is the method they need, I hope it works for them like it has worked for me! He still hasn't played in his poop since the second cold shower. I do want to add, for the woman who said CPS should be called, the shower is not FREEZING cold. I live in South Florida. Nothing is ever freezing. The shower just wasn't warm, it was slightly cooler than a normal bath I would give him. And btw, he still loves bath time, and he's not going to get some viral infection from playing in poop. I mentioned it to my sons doctor, last week and he told me that it was a method commonly used in situations like mine. My son has delayed speech, so potty training is exceptionally difficult, and reasoning with him is even harder. I'm sure if my sons doctor thought it was abuse, I would have had CPS at my door by now. My son is very well taken care of and loved, and I really shouldn't have to stick up for myself, calling me a disgusting human being is unnecessary. You don't even know me. I hope you never have to experience this with your children, because it is difficult and frustrating. And I hope if you do experience it, and you find a method that works, nobody berates you and makes you feel like a shitty mom, and just offers you support. I'll pray for you. 🙌🏻 Thanks again for all of the well wishes and if this helps anyone else out, please don't let anyone make you feel bad for doing what's best for your child. ❤