I need some words of encouragement..

Hello moms! I'm a FTM to a now 6 month old baby boy.. my boy has always been very high maintenance and needy since he was born.. 
now that he's 6 months it doesn't seem to be getting any easier... at first I kept telling myself maybe at 3 months it'll get a bit easier.. 3 months came around.. nothing changed.. then I told myself ok maybe at 4-5 months.. still the same.. now he's six months and more needy than ever.. he can already sit without support for the most part but he doesn't want to be sitting for long.. he'll start making grunt noises because he wants to be picked up or have us stand him up... or because he wants to grab something and doesn't want to reach for it.. he wants to be handed it lol.. he'll only stay in one activity for maybe 10 minutes at the most.. I have a jumper, a walker, a swing, floor mat, etc.. he doesn't stay in any of them for long.. he wants to be carried everywhere and grab everything in sight.. and if he can't grab it he grunts and grunts.. I have to be constantly on the love to try to keep him
Entertained.. idk what to do anymore.. I was hoping once he started solids he would sleep better and be more content but nope it's still the same.. he has short naps during the day.. he wakes every 3 hours at night to eat.. it gets very very tiring and stressful at times.. especially since I'm a FTM and sometimes idk what to expect or if I'm doing things right.. there are times where I feel very defeated and emotionally drained.. of course he has his happy moments don't get me wrong I love him to pieces but it's just so hard to try to keep up with his needs sometimes.. there are times where nothing seems to work and he just grunts and groans over and over.. I guess I'd just like some words of encouragement to help get me by.. and help me not feel so defeated.. or to know that maybe someone else is going through the same thing.. I've given up on the thought that it's going to get easier the older he gets..