Asking husband to help more w/o hurting feelings?

✩M

Let me start by saying I love my husband and appreciate that he works so I can stay home with our five month old. That being said, he doesn't help practically at all with our son. During the week, I'm absolutely okay with that. I understand he's tired and needs to get up in the morning. But he used to help on the weekends so I could get a little bit of sleep. My son is EBF so he never has to get up in the night. All I really want is for him to get up in the morning sometimes on the weekend so I can get a little bit more rest (a bad day baby is up at 6:30, a good day it's 8.) I don't think that's unfair to ask one day a week.

He just wants to play with him when he's happy and then he always gives him back when he's fussy or tired. He doesn't give him his baths, read to him, practically ever change his diaper... When I get up and I'm crying from being exhausted, he doesn't even wake up and if he does, he just rolls over and goes back to sleep. He always says he's worried he's not "pulling his weight" but then when I tell him I need him to do something, he doesn't do it. I do every single chore in our house and take care of the baby 24/7. Our five month is very energetic, he's a handful.

I don't know how to tell my husband he needs to help more when he's home without sounding mean. Like today. Our son woke up early. He's been teething and having a growth spurt, so I haven't been getting a lot of sleep. I said I needed him to start helping me again on the weekends. He just rolled over. I don't know if he didn't wake up or chose to ignore me, but it made me upset. I just don't want to be bitchy, but he's making me crazy not helping. But he's so sensitive, I know if I say he's not being helpful, it'll hurt his feelings.

Can anyone please give me some insight or advice?