I need to do this... *updated*

b r i t t a n y • Mum to Grace Ophelia Crazy Plant Lazy 🪴
**Update** - When I posted this I did not expect such an outpouring of support from you ladies! Thank you so much! Another thing I didn't expect was to hear so many stories that are similar to mine. 1 in 4 women miscarry... isn't that insane? You're all so strong and I just can't tell you how much it means to me to know that I'm not alone and to hear stories of success and healing from others. You all rock! ❤
----------------------------
I just need to share this.
My husband and I just lost our baby at 9 weeks gestation. We spent all day at the hospital while I got a D&C. He was there for me the entire time. We held each other and cried. So many tears these past two days.
When we got home he told me to get a quick shower, to wash it all off, to relax a bit, to feel "clean". While I was in the shower, it hurt to stretch my arms up to wash my hair, it hurt to stand too long because of gravity pulling everything down. It hurts worse because it hurts exactly where our baby was once growing and now I'm just empty.
I started to cry and he must have heard me so he came in, he washed my hair for me, he wrapped me in warm towels, he brushed my hair out, he helped me get dressed, and he held me in silence while I cried, which is what I needed. When I was finished he whispered "that was your turn to cry, do you have me next time?" I smiled and said "always". He smiled back and said "You have such a beautiful smile, princess"
I feel that this entire experience has changed us. In only positive ways. In knowing of our baby's existence, we've fallen even more in love with each other. And in our baby's passing we've only gotten stronger. These times can either make you or break you. This has been unbearably painful for the both of us but it's not cracked us. We are closer than ever. I love him more now. I've always loved him but, I love him more now.