Should I contact the father and let him be in our little girls life...

Cassie • God makes all things beautiful in its time.
I am in an unexpected complicated situation. My ex and I separated during my pregnancy a few times. At different times through his pleading of not wanting to co-parent and be back together, I endured and tried to make it work even though I was still very hurt ab the things he put me thru while together prev to being preg and during the preg. He would run off with my car for hours, not ans his ph and come in the morning and refuse to be accountable where he was, made up a lot of lies and money was coming up missing. I lost a lot of money due to him. I thought he had a gambling problem but later learned it was drugs. He refuses to admit its drugs but I found some texts in his ph ab dope, found a bag of white substance and plenty of other signs. (Including bringing drug guys to my home endangering me and the baby.) I hate to admit it but I was pretty nieve and it took me a long time (months) to realize and face this is the case-- drugs. During two events where he was high, our emotions were erupting and arguing lead to 2 domestic violence (DV) situations. Needless to say he is now in jail because I called the police the 2nd time DV happened. Now this is the other side of things. Drugs pretty much destroyed a beautiful person and our relationship. He was so good with me during my pregnancy and taught me more ab it than I could. He was at practically every dr appt and was a fun loving guy when not overcome by his battles and demons he was fighting. We had tons of fun and really put together a good sys how to run our home, etc. His family is now aware he's in jail and many have disconnected from me. I would nvr lie and put their son in jail unless there was a reason. He does not have a violent past and many are in shock he would ever do drugs or hit me. Hell me neither!?! His poor choices lead him to be locked up 2.5 wks before I unexpectedly had her (she came 3wks early). I cried everyday mad, disappointed and saddened what became of us. I nvr wanted to be a single mom and do love him but can't take anymore. I know ppl can make terrible decisions that causes them to lose everything. And I have a restraining order set to protect the baby and I till I know its safe for us to be around him if he's going to be in her life. I'm not trying to be together but not take his child from him. He wants to be in her life but I don't trust the place he's in his life. I can modify the restraining order where there is some contact for the baby's sake. I haven't spoke to him since calling the police and his arrests. Its been a lil over 30 days. Should I modify the restraining order and try to see ab him being in her life since I know he's bn crazy ab having his 1st child despite what all has happened? Or keep him out her life because of his denial of being on drugs, DV, whats he's put me and the baby thru? Help!!!!