Declawing your Cat??

Anna • Hi! My name is Anna ! I`m 33 and I just had my rainbow baby July 5 2017! Enjoying life and undecided on future children! 👶🏼👶🏼💙💙
I may get heat for this topic but please hear me out! I actually don't want to do this!! My cat is not only loving but he has never once attacked anyone with his claws .. if anything he's the most friendly cat you could ever ask for! His only flaw is he play fights if you encourage him and he just doesn't understand the concept of a scratch post/board/house we've tried it all! My couch is ruined!! My family members and friends have been encouraging me to have him declawed before the baby arrives because they are worried how aggressive he could possibly get if my future son was to get aggressive with him! My mother has numerous times mentioned that he ruined our brand new couch to the point of unrepair and he may do the same to the babies new things! I'm at a loss on what to do?! Do I just bite the bullet and do it or take my chances ?! Thoughts??
UPDATE: last night I bought another new scratch post this one is a rug on one side and the rough material on the other and I sprayed it in cat nip, trimmed his nails and I'm going to see how this goes... I want to try those cat claw covers I didn't even know they existed! That's why I'm glad I posted this .. thanks everyone!