okay to be annoyed?

I'm on my period- I get moody, I do have my mood swings, one of the highest symptoms as I get no pain, have to get something I guess.
My boyfriend and I last night, had a bit of a bicker. We never fight, I don't see arguing the same way as fighting is, fighting in my opinion is brutal in comparison. 
When he went to leave, he was in the car, and I leaned in gave him a kiss and then we went for another and I went to go for a little more but he pulled back, as amazing as that little kiss was... he pulled back, ( it was at a public parking ) 
The moods were hitting and I got angry bringing it up later on, and he said he did because he knew if we continued it would deepen and the withdrawal would hurt more. 
It just annoyed me, to be told that he pulled back because of such a stupid reason, sorry I just didn't like the reasoning, usually I'd agree and say oh yes we would get too carried away ;) but this time I don't know the vibes got me angry, and yeah... I'm not sure if it's even logical to be angry, more so annoyed at him about it