For all birth controls

😙

I understand that this app is to ask other questions for help.

I just see a lot about girls complaining about negative side effects.

Here's the thing ALL birth controls have negative side effects none will be perfect. For the most part taking a week of pills then switching isn't going to do much most side effects last 3 months! It takes 6 to 12 months for periods to regulate on the implant and iuds. So please do your research before jumping into a method.

If you have a phone where you are posting on this app then you can look up different methods. There's a tab in this app that discusses the different methods.

Also the planned parenthood website is good and bedsider.org has a lot of info, you can compare 2 birth controls at a time on bedsider.org

Yes, birth control is not one size fits all and it is a trial and error but you have to give each method the right amount of time, it takes time for your body to adjust. They list side effects for a reason there is a possibility of getting all of the side effects per method.

That said if you have extreme side effects definitely change. By that I mean UNBEARABLE but for the most part I think people can handle what's going on.

A lot of people are complaining about the nexplanon giving them irregular bleeding but that includes spotting. Don't be offended bit it does annoy me on a personal note, given that my regular periods are so bad that I'm in bed the first 2 days after taking the max pain meds and still crying. I go through the ultra size tampons for 7 days straight, at 4 hours per tampon so consider yourself lucky if you don't have a heavy flow.

Anyways just needed to rant. Please research your methods you can find the info you are looking for, each method has a website from the manufacturer for this reason!