our family is growing by 4 feet!

⭐️MerFerret⭐️ • Beagle mama • Lupus & Fibro • 🏳️‍🌈 bi
We're getting a puppy! Been considering it a while and we finally found the right one while looking around the shelter here.
We were actually originally looking for an older dog because of the fact that old dogs don't get adopted as fast, and we wanted to help with the dog overpopulation and such. We were happily surprised with there not being too many dogs there. Unfortunately all the older ones (though sweet, seemed a little too barky-which I know is a little different in a shelter, but they all their walkers notes showed very VERY high energy even for puppies, and they were adults) couldn't live in a household with a cat. And we have a kitty cat.
Anyway, we found this beautiful girl!
And we fell in love. We took her out to the puppy play area and she was so sweet and super mellow even though she was only 13 weeks. She wasn't terribly mouthy, and snuggled up to us and curled up in our laps. The volunteer was super surprised and said she's been rather shy and slow to warm up to other strangers. We just really clicked I guess! We get to pick her up from the vet (she was scheduled for a spay) on Tuesday or Wednesday, but the volunteer said the vet they use in the area likes to let families pick them up if they're adopted so that they can recover in a nice home instead of a kennel.
My predicament is: if we pick her up from the vet Tuesday, our kennel/crate is not due to arrive until Wednesday. What do we do if we take her home Tuesday? All I could think of is having her stay in the bathroom (for overnight containment), since we have nice easy to clean floors in there. (We will be crate training for potty training).
I know it's just one, if not less than one, day... but, I'm just trying to figure out how to care for our new little girl especially since she'll be fresh out of surgery, and my husband will be able to stay home all night other than a single 45 minute class, but I'll be sure to have my lunch during that time so that the pups not alone.