Birth control actually hates me 😂

So. I've been with the same guy for 3 years, we're still young, both in our early 20's, but the entire time we were dating, we didn't use anything, if you get my drift. Condoms burned for me and I didn't like them so late in the first year of us dating, I decided to try the pill. I wanted to be safe because we had just started dating even though we knew each other for years beforehand​, I thought it'd be a good idea. I have severe chronic asthma, and have struggled to control it my whole life, in and out of the hospital frequently, this comes in later in the story. I started taking the pill and literally 2 days later, I had a terrible asthma attack and was in the ICU, they had to intubated me because I was on the brink of muscle failure and dying. They couldn't determine what caused it because I was on a control medication and had done nothing differently besides start the pill.. I was asked to stop and by the time I got the green light to try another form of birth control, we we're almost in the 3rd year of of relationship. I decided to try to get a non hormonal IUD, it was recommended to me and I made the appointment, went in and right when we were about to get things started, they said that due to my reaction the first time, they wanted permission from my Pulmonary Dr and hospital records and to reschedule. I got permission and at my last appointment, they informed me that it was easier to insert while on my cycle. I made the appointment for a few days after my cycle was supposed to start but I was late, so I tested and turns out that I was pregnant! Don't get me wrong, I love my little man, but I thought it was funny that I was unprotected for all that time and nothing happened but the minute I try to get on something, I get pregnant 😂