Dads should be appreciated too.

Amelia
Ok so there is a huge backstory for this post and I might edit it in later, but it's very frustrsting to me that mothers get an insane amount of appreciation where fathers don't. A lot of people say that being a mother is one of the hardest jobs possible. And many commend mothers for being single mothers, but I've never once seen a post on social media, or an article on a news website, or anyone anywhere, say so much as thank you, or good job to single fathers. Single mothers are often easily able to gain access to child support because many court rooms consider themselves "mother friendly". But its nearly impossible for a single father to get a cent from an abandoning mother for the same reason. For a single mother to have a teenage daughter is so much easier than a single father, for both the parent and child. I'd just like to see some appreciation and encouragement for the fathers out there that bust their asses to raise their children, who work multiple jobs to provide because its harder for men to recieve child support and finacial aid, who struggle trying to teach their daughters abot their bodies, because nobody else is there to help. Ive seen a lot of people look down on and belittle a single father and these same people are eager to praise a single mother. Ive seen people assume that a single father is abusive, for the sole reason that his children have no mother. I just want to see all the hardworking men out there, get a little notice for what they do for their kids. I know a lot of people are going to read this and assume im putting single mothers down, or any mother for that matter, but I'm not trying to put anyone down. Im just trying to point this out and hope people pay attention and recognize that these people do exist, and they deserve help and praise too. Although I know help wont be coming anytime soon.