Teen Crush Problems

Olivia
Okay quite a long story but I need all the advice I can get!!!
Im in year 8. I'm 13 and am turning 14 in October. I'm quite mature for my age and get mistaken for a 16 year old quite often due to the fact that I'm 5 foot 6 and hit puberty SUUUUPER fast😂
In year seven (I'm British I'm not sure what that would be in America but I'd just turned 12) I was at a new school where I didn't know anyone. Basically, long story short, I started talking to a boy through a girl in my class. I've been talking to him for a year and a half now over snapchat, text, phone calls, FaceTime and Instagram. We're super open and tell each other everything and don't care how we look when we FaceTime or snapchat and stuff. 
One massive problem is he lives 3 hours away on a train which is about 8 hours in a car maybe idk I'm guessing. 
I really like him and think about him constantly but I'm so scared to tell him I like him because of a few problems:
1. It would be a long distance relationship IF he felt the same
2. I'm pretty sure the girl I know him through actually has a crush on him, although she's been talking about a new boy a lot recently, claiming she has a crush on the new boy instead. She has called this boy I like fit in the past saying she liked him.
3. I don't know if he feels the same
4. My closest friend (basically my sister) has spoken to him a bit and when I'm with her he snapchats me saying she's fit and calls her babe and stuff (it's stupid but I get proper jealous)
5. I'm only 13 and don't want to jump into things so what do I do?
PLEASE HELP ASAP