Dealing With a Mean Co-Worker

I'm a waitress at a restaurant and I'm seriously considering quitting because of one particular person: the bastard who washes the dishes. The other day he called me "fucking lazy" because I apparently didn't scrape the food off of the plates from one my tables that I bussed when I did. When I first started there and was still learning the ropes, he yelled at me because I didn't sort my bussed dishes and called me a Shithead. I'm not the only one he's done this to because all of the other waitress get treated the same way by him. He once told a recently engaged co-worker "At least I know he's not marrying you for your brains." because she accidentally put a coffee cup in the wrong bin to be washed. Overall, he's just a jackass to everyone and we're all just waiting for him to get his ass fired. I love everyone I work with except for him and I would hate to quit because of one person, but I don't deserve to be treated that way by some 40 year old who washes dishes for a living. No one does. What can I do to at least tolerate him?