I just need to rant :/

My husband has been working jobs here and there that he's found on Craigslist, some days he'll work and others he won't. We're broke. Our cars transmission just messed up, and we're having to use his mother's vehicle (she's currently using another vehicle). He has his hopes up for this one job working in the wind mills out of town, somewhere in South Carolina? I'm not sure. Anyway it's a good paying job he says and therefore he's not getting a stable job till he gets in that one. That's fine right ? But they keep telling him to go back in 1 week then they say "come back in 2-3 weeks" it's like they're playing around. We're broke, he's not making any money and they're hiring at some local Walmart warehouse starting at $15 an hour and soon after they give you a raise, Well he doesn't want to go apply Bc his mind is set on going out of town. It's frustrating man, seeing my husband home from work for weeks on and off, it makes me want to say "here take our 8 month old and I'll go to work". He gets offended tho. We live at my mother's trailer (she' lives somewhere else) and she's still paying for the trailer and my husband doesn't pay her the rent, which she's fine with Bc that's her way of helping us, and we still have no money !!!!! He's not being responsible and if i say anything he gets offended. he has high hopes for a job and even if it took years to get in he's not getting a damn stable job Bc he's hard headed I shouldn't have to worry about my husband not wanting to have a stable job :( I thought all husbands did that for their families :/ not mine. He goes to his mom for fast money "I need $25 for diapers" "I need $20 for gas". I just want him to have a stable job...
EDIT: I don't work, I have absolutely no one to watch my baby (I don't trust daycares,so that's not an option) and also, he doesn't want me to work Bc he has this "handled". If I see no progress from his part I'll work soon after my daughter turns 1 year she's 8 about to be 9 months.