Relationship problem

Shauri
I actually need someone to talk to...I really don't know what to do with my relationship. I have been dating a guy for almost two years soon and basically this relationship is hard because of my parents. I am 19 years old and still my parents say that I can't do anything. That it's not my choice to date him. That I'm not allowed to see him. They don't like him for the reason that they didn't get along when they first met. They got into a fight and my boyfriend has been through a lot in his past. He has anger problems but I have been helping him control it he is way better now then when I first met him. He says I have changed his life because if he never met me he would have dropped out of school, smoking and drinking, be a nobody in life and I changed his mind. He stopped smoking and drinking for me, he is going to graduate soon and he's planning to go to college. But ever since that fight with my parents they don't like him. They think he is a lazy bum who would be no one in life and especially since he is not 'Christian' my parents are very religious. They don't like him because he's Catholic? So there is this problem that my boyfriend takes a while to get ready....I don't know why? He likes to take long showers and he gets dressed and brush his teeth trying to look good for me but if I tell him to be ready at a certain time he never is. But lately he's been trying to get ready on time. But yesterday we were going to a carnival by my house and I invited him. I didn't know at what time we were going so I told him I would let him know when my father gets out of work so he can get ready. When my dad finally called he had 40 minutes to get ready. But instead my mom made me pick him up right st that moment. So he had no time to get ready. I felt bad and told him to see if he can skip a shower but he didn't want to cuz he felt like he was stinky. So it took him 30 min to get ready and I waited at his house until he finished and my mom was mad because he took so long and she told me that I ruined the day, everything was my fault and that my boyfriend is a piece of shit. She said he doesn't do anything doesn't have a job he would be a lazy bum. First of all he doesn't have a job because of school. He goes from 9am to 3pm then 5pm to 8pm. He can't work until he graduates and he knows that. He is poor his father is handicap in bed with an oxygen machine and his grandmother is 72 years old. None of his parents work so they are poor they don't have money. And since I work I make $300 weekly I have no problem if we go out on a date and pay for the food. I am understanding he has non money but it's not like we see each other every week. I can't because my parents never let me go out. Yesterday was the first time I saw him after 2 months and he doesn't live far! 15 minutes from my house. So my mom told me I can't date him. Yes he is hard headed and he thinks that he doesn't have to get along with my parents. But tbh doesn't the guy have to try to make the parents happy so they can leave you alone? Ever since that first conflict he doesn't try anymore because my parents are rude and I understand but I think is wrong cuz as a boyfriend he should at least try. But he doesn't. So I broke up yesterday with him and said it's not working. That he is never ready on time and he can never at least try to get along with my parents even if he has to fake it. I tried hard in this relationship but I feel like I failed. Maybe it wasn't meant to be? I mean i feel so lonely right now and so does he. He misses me and it's been only a day. I don't know what to do? Please someone help me.