he got angry over the smallest thing

My SO and I kind of 'broke up' 3 days ago (he broke up with me because he doesn't want to involve me in some of the messy stuff he has going on at the moment) however we both really want/like eachother so that didn't last at all, he's been all clingy and telling me he misses me and whatnot and I was giving him attitude and making jokes all day, that's the kind of relationship we have, we always joke about everything even when we're not in the mood, he took my attitude and jokes because he kind of deserved it for breaking up with me and not being able to last more than 2 days. Anyway he called me we spoke and I was jokingly complaining about how he continued to Snapchat my friends while we were broken up but wouldn't talk to me and he all of a sudden got mad at me, out of nowhere. We made up later but less 30 minutes later but idk, it was a little weird how he snapped out of nowhere, told me to delete his number and that he doesn't have time for my silly games and that I should be supportive and understanding instead of complaining. I've only known him for about 2 months and I had never seen that side of him.
Was I wrong? Do you think he has anger issues? It came out of nowhere, he's not the type to get offended by anything, could it be because he had a long day?
* bare in mind that we have mutual friends and the ones he snapchats are my two closest friends, one of them introduced us and the other he met once on a group date