Questions about Premature Ovarian Failure (menopause).

Hello all. My hubby and I have been TTC for 8 months now and I've had 2 periods in that time, despite taking lots of progesterone to try to jumpstart things. My doctor said I "probably" have PCOS after running my labs and having everything come back normal. I also had an ultrasound with no cysts/fibroids. I took clomid for one round and then decided to stop so I could lose weight.

Well, lately, along with never having my period (currently CD 74), I've been having extremely uncomfortable hot flashes and night sweats. I have had hot flashes before, but nothing like this. Sometimes it's when I'm doing something, sometimes I'm just sitting at my desk working. They are terrible and wake me at night, then I can't get back to sleep (long time insomnia sufferer).

The last "period" I had was 4 days of old, brown blood and one gush of red blood. And that was after taking 2 five day doses of Progesterone. I have been doing research and I am really scared that I am going into premature menopause. My general physician would not test my hormone levels because they were normal in Feb.

Has anybody with POF ever had something like this happen before your diagnosis? OR, if you had symptoms such as these and DON'T have POF, then if it's not too personal, please share your diagnosis. I am making myself crazy here, which doesn't help the sleep situation. I have a doctor's appointment on May 18 to check hormone levels again.