Period Clotting

So I've spent the last few hours googling this and come up with nothing so figured I'd try my luck with you lovely ladies.

I just started my period today (late of course) after days of cramping. The cramps have gotten worse than ever before teamed up with back pain and nausea. The blood flow itself is fairly normal (by my standard this means only slightly heavy with quite a few clots).

I'm concerned by one of the clots that I passed while urinating, it was a very thin and otherwise unnoticeable clot apart from the grey bubble attached to it. This 'bubble' was floating in the toilet while the clot was mostly sunken. I use the term bubble as I have no idea what else to call it. It looked like an apple seed sized bubble.

I'm just wondering what the hell this could have been and if anyone else has had something similar.

Some info on me - been trying to get pregnant 11 months with no success, probably has PCOS (family history, several symptoms including pain in my right ovary, undiagnosed), healthy weight, don't drink, smoke or do any drugs.

Please help me if you can and thank you for reading.