✨ "Length of Period" Questions ✨

🌴🍉 Kae ☀️💦 • 🇩🇰 🇺🇸 🇧🇦 #LoveIsNotTourism
I've been tracking for 4-5 years. I've read that your "actual" period is the red and anything else (brown) is "spotting" and your body cleaning out old blood. But how do you track that? I always counted the whole experience (red 3 days and brown spotting 3 days) as the period so it shows mine is like 6-7 days. My first day is usually on the lighter side. Then the second day is super heavy, and the third day is medium. I read that as long as you're actually getting rid of the blood, there's nothing to worry about. Compared light bleeding the whole time (you're not shedding your lining properly?). 
If the period is counted as anything red, then technically my period is only 2-3 days, correct? 
Would I chart like this: My last period was April 22 - April 27 (3 days red/3 days brown "First day of period: April 22" and "Last day of period: April 25" then just continue to record the brown as spotting? The day after the medium red, there has been slightly heavy brown but I still know that's suppose to be old blood. 
I know some people ask, "Why does it matter? Only the first day counts!". But obviously if you're bleeding for 10-20+ days, that matters! So, it matters to me and I would like to track. 😄 Also, I think it's fun! I have learned a lot about my body from doing this and that's what's important. My next predicted period is May 19/20 so I'm hoping to figure this out before then. 😂