27 weeks 2 days- cervix effaced, 1 cm dilated and anterior

Kylie • Married to a Doctor of Chiropractic💑Birth Doula and Fertility Doula! (Fb/insta: Do a lot Doula Services) Mommy to a handsome fella! Fertility/pregnancy blogger👩🏻‍💻Essential oil lover🌱
So I was doing the dishes and felt my underwear get soaking wet. Just to be safe, we went to the hospital. I was having cramps (normal for me) 
 Mostly wanted to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid leaking.
Test came back as negative for it being amniotic or water! GOOD NEWS! 
BAD NEWS: She checked my cervix and was not impressed. It is anterior. She pretty much explained that my cervix is 70% effaced. She also said it was very soft and she said she felt that it was slightly open. 
My cervix is NOT doing what it's supposed to. She said that my cervix is ready for labor but I'm not in labor. 
My husband asked what the chances were of our baby being born early and in the most positive way she could, she said "chances are that, yes he will be born early. We just won't know when!"
The fluid was normal, especially given the circumstances of my cervix. 
My blood pressure was low as well. 
They kept me there for hours to monitor my cramps. She said my cervix is so irritated that that's what's causing my cramps. I explained to her that they get so bad that I'm floorbound. At this point, she was sad that I didn't think to come in. (I thought cramping was normal) Cramping IS normal during pregnancy but my cramping...is not. 
She said that my cramping looked like I was having little contractions so they gave me some medicine to relax my cervix and lower the irritation. 
It definitely helped. 
They eventually sent me home. I have an appointment with my OB on Monday and I'm on bed rest. 
We went to the hospital for leakage and ended up staying there for a totally different reason! 
I guess this was a blessing in disguise!
I'll post an update but I really would like to know other's outcome when their experience started out like mine! 
I know that people can have an effaced cervix and go to full term. But that's not all at play. With it already being in position for labor (anterior) and being effaced and 1 cm...I'm slightly nervous. 
Should I be? 
UPDATE: 
They sent me home on bedrest and told me to come back if I felt more cramps. Well Sunday, I did, so we went back and I was dilated to 2 cm. Cervix didn't change so they decided to admit me. They put me on a magnesium IV to keep my cervix and uterus calm. (HORRIBLE) 
The next morning I started having ACTUAL REAL contractions. Not cramps...the muscle tightening, rolling thing...yeah. Every 20 minutes for a few hours until they gave me a shot. 
Now they want to keep me here for at least the end of the weekend. 
I ALMOST convinced my husband to let me stay home and sleep through the cramps but he had a feeling we should go in. 
Again, please don't be like me. Just go. 
Now I'm considered to be a premature labor patient. At 28 weeks :(