Self-conscious about my clothing..

Since elementary school and middle school, I've made myself a "style" of wearing hoodies, sweatshirts, sweatpants, etc. I was never self conscious about my clothing style until I started high school last year, an I'm thinking about changing my "style". But it will be really hard for me because if I automatically start wearing cute clothing, people will definitely see a change right away and judge me about it. Don't tell me I'm wrong because I know I'm right. I remember when one of my friends started wearing makeup and wearing more feminine clothing, people instantly started to gossip about her and say things like, "Oh my god, (anonymous) has changed so much. Why is she wearing that? It's really different from what she usually wears." I know I shouldn't care about this too much, but ever since those people judged my friend like that, I'm really scared to be judged myself. There was ONE day when I wore a cute sweater for the first time and my friends instantly questioned it. I really want to start being more comfortable, but I'm too scared to even wear this one shirt that I got in DECEMBER. THATS HOW LONG IVE BEEN DELAYING WEARING IT. I really want help because this is a really petty problem, but I really want to embrace my more feminine side without judgemental looks.