Fostering a child with autism

Sabrina • married mamma of 3 beautiful babies!!!!!

Im having a hard time finding helpful groups here for either fostering or autism so i hope its ok to post here.

An opportunity arose. Heres a little back story i was in foster care from 6 weeks old until 8 i was adopted into a terrible situation that i didnt get out of until 14. My wonderful mother now adopted myself and my 3 siblings all as teens all at different times (14 years since were were all together)

So now my mom works for an agency dealing with foster families with "difficult" children (whether it be medical or just sensitive past) today she sent me a text asking if i would consider fostering and adopting an 8 year old with autism. Of course i said yes it was in our future plans to foster and adopt. Well heres the situation we have a 3yr old a 2yr old and another due in october. We just bought this house in October and are nowhere near done renovating, it is very livable and acceptable we just want to add another 2 bedrooms in the attic and do some cosmetic work. We have a boy and a girl and a 3 bedroom house. Obviously we still need to take classes and have our home inspected. How long does it take to get certified? What would you do? Hubby wants to discuss it still which obviously and my mom needs to give us more information but what would you do if you were us? Oh and hubby and i have worked with several disabilities for several years.