Needing Advice About Sister

Anna

Alright y'all I need advice quick. I'm leaving to go to a wedding across the country in the morning. A majority of family members live in the city it's at, including my sister. She offered to have me stay after the wedding until the next time my family drives back for the summer. That'll be 2 months from now.

Early today I declined the offer. She and I get along great--until one of us say something and the other takes it the wrong way. It always freakin happens and I don't know if I wanna agree to stay. It could end up bad and I'd be stranded there just waiting to be picked up.

Anyway obviously she was hurt and the call ended abruptly. A couple hours pass and my family is sitting in the living room discussing plans on the phone with my sister. She finds out I'm in the room and asks why I said no to staying over. I told her why and my dad dismissed it with a joke. Only later he scolds me saying should stay with her because she's lonely and wants to have a better sisterly relationship.

I know the right thing to do is stay with my sister, have some swell bonding time and enjoy the summer. I just think 2 months is a long time and it would leave me mentally exhausted and homesick. I'm already over this freaking trip to the wedding because this last week has been so damn stressful. It just feels like the only real move I can make is to stay with her and it's frustrating the crap out of me.

Putting herself out there was hard for her I'm sure, but meeting her in the middle is as well when I've been put down by her before:\