What do you do for your baby that cries all the time?

Jessica • Mommy of 3 ❤💜💙

This is not for my own baby.

I teach in the infant room, for 2 years now, and I've NEVER had a baby like this. He's 6 months old, and cries all the time. He was at home with his dad who was doing school online and he was a drop in on test days. Suddenly something happened that dad said he needed to be here full time . Mom works 10 hour shifts daily. He eats 6oz cereal and formula bottles every two hours. And he will not sleep anywhere but my arms. No crib, swing, bouncer, nothing.

This is in a daycare center and I have other babies to care for. It hurts me that I have to let him sit and cry and he ends up waking others. At this time I don't have an assistant. Usually most kids transition after a couple weeks. It's been only one but I need to take care of my other babies.

I'm at a loss with this one. I've always been emotionally sensitive and I'm starting to lose my cool. I'm 16.5 weeks pregnant so emotions are already high, and this just pushes me over into sensory overload causing an anxiety attack (I did have PPD with my own babies but they were never like this. I feel like im there allover again and it's not even my kid). Usually I can handle this, but all day for my entire shift, for the last week is killing me. Mom just says he's a bad baby and doesn't offer much advice and dad laughs about it.

And shout out to you mommies who do this everyday with your own babies. I can only imagine how you feel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!