Destination wedding & expensive registry.. need to vent

Kit

I've never vented on here before but I'm feeding my son and browsing through my husband's cousin's wedding registry. I adore her and she's a wonderful person don't get me wrong but she's left her sense somewhere... She's having a destination wedding... $2000 on airfare for me, my husband, and son, thank God my in-laws are picking up the cost of rooms for us, them, and my brother-in-law's family. ( you can only rent houses and that cost them $4,000). Forget the fact that we have to board our dogs for the four-day event. There's another $400. And now I'm looking at this registry (it's all expensive dinner and serveware)... $55 placemats??? EACH???? Do you know how many diapers that is?! Not many cuz they're a damn fortune!

and she's only registered for her bridal shower (small miracle) but that also means I have to show up with something decent since it's a small gathering. Not like I can show up with one placemat..... Oh how about wine bucket... For $300.

I don't begrudge her the tickets or the boarding but seriously.... You don't get a ridiculous registery, too.