So worried

Kind of a TMI post- when I was about 3 months post partum I thought I developed a yeast infection. I tried to get rid of it naturally for about a month but I wasn't able to so I used Monistat 3 day and things got better for a while but then came back. I used the Monistat cream again for about a week, things got better again and then came back in a couple weeks. So now I'm 6 months post partum and I'm still dealing with this. I'm thinking it may be BV and not a yeast infection although I don't know why Monistat would have helped if that were true. I have a doctors appointment on Monday to find out and see what I can take while breast feeding. But what I'm really worried about is my 6 month old daughter has just started with some of the same symptoms as me! She has a yellow discharge and her private area is red. Could I have passed this to her somehow?!? I'm so upset to think she may need antibiotics. Has anyone had BV or a yeast infection while breast feeding- what was safe to take? Anyone heard of a baby getting this?! Help 😣