Step or Adoptive family

Jessica
Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and super emotional and cry when I see sweet things and sad things and my heart just hurts for people or just feels joy for them! But lately a comment someone told me just hurt my heart that they call their child their adopted child or step child but their other children are just there children! My family is huge with kids who are half siblings and adopted siblings etc.. but we never said this is my step or this is my adopted cousin or sister or brother or dad or mom or whatever! And I just can't wrap my head around how you single out a family member and say something like that! My child is the first grand baby and great grand babie on all sides! Everyone is excited but my grandmother on my husbands side made a comment about how it will be the step/adopted great grand baby for part of the family because his moms dad adopted her! And I don't see it as a necessary comment my dad can't have kids and my mom had two when they met! He is my dad! He raised me and we act and look alike! Everyone in family is excited! My dad was the first child and now his grand baby will be the first also! (He's voting boy) haha what is your opinions? I believe family is family no matter the details. I hope I'm not alone. Maybe it's just the hormones is why I was so offended.