"Pineapple Trick" Review!

Glorya • Identical Twin rainbows 10/20/18 🌈🌈 Twin angels 7/17/17 💕

Before reading any further, check out these links so you know what I'm talking about: http://natural-fertility-info.com/bromelain-pineapple-for-implantation.html

http://ohbabynutrition.com/blog/pineapple-for-conception-brazil-nuts-for-implantation

I don't know about you, but I swear this post about pineapples shows up all the time on my pinterest: http://lifelistlust.tumblr.com/post/60849367835/ttc-things-to-do-list-eat-a-pineapple-to-help

"Divide a pineapple into 5 portions. Eat 1 portion a day beginning on the day after ovulation."

I had seen it for a few months and hadn't paid much attention to it. We're now on month 4 of TTC #1 (yes, I know, that's not long - but I'm impatient!), so I was willing to try it out. I love pineapple. I want a baby. This seems perfect.

Something that frustrated me as I researched was the fact that I could find anecdotes about people eating pineapple and getting BFPs, but no one went into detail. The following is a review of my experience trying out the "Pineapple Trick". I hope it helps you out!

**Keep in mind that this post will be edited and updated as time goes on! Baby dust!!**

Pros:

I love pineapple.

The science seems to make sense.

There isn't a risk of overdosing on pineapple (although, if you have are on blood medications you should ask your doctor before trying this out). https://www.drugs.com/npc/pineapple.html

Cons:

Why does the pineapple eat me back? (Canker sores)

The core is stringy and tough.

Eating pineapple on an empty stomach can be rough.

I'm tired of pineapple.

Day 1: 1 dpo Method: Whole pineapple slice

I had a positive ovulation test on June 8th, so I ovulated on June 9th. I started my pineapple regimen on June 10th. This also happened to be the second day of a camping trip with friends, so I had two days' worth of pineapple packed up in our cooler.

There is no good way to explain why you're eating a big slice of pineapple at 6:30 in the morning. If you do this pineapple trick, maybe try something more subtle than eating a hunk of pineapple off a fork while sitting in a camping chair by a fire.

I do not recommend trying to eat a large slice of pineapple off of a fork. Of all the ways I tried to eat the pineapple, this was the worst. I felt like my lips and tongue were burning by the end of it and the juice dripped down my chin. I had to tear at the center to get bites of the core. It was just a mess. So much for being casual about my fertility pineapple plan around friends. I had my pineapple along with tea, but my stomach felt a little upset after I finished. It went away quickly after breakfast, though.

Day 2: 2 dpo Method: Chopped pieces of pineapple

This method was a lot easier for me to deal with. I was still on my camping trip, but I cut up the pineapple in my tupperware container and ate it piece by piece. The core was still tough to eat, but I found that I could easily cut pieces that included pineapple flesh and core in a single bite, which was more pleasant than the day before. No stomach upset today and I again had the pineapple with a side of tea.

Day 3: 3 dpo Method: Blended pineapple

I blended the whole piece of pineapple in my Ninja blender until it was beautifully smooth. My plan was to be able to use a straw to slurp it like a smoothie. Unfortunately, blending whole pineapple introduces a lot of air into the mixture and the flesh floated to the top in a wad of bubbles, while the juice stayed at the bottom. This was a strange thing to suck through a straw, as the flesh and air bubbles just felt weird going down my throat. I think this method would work a lot better if you blended the pineapple into an actual smoothie. This person has what looks like an excellent recipe: http://lifeabundant-blog.com/2014/07/25/tropical-green-smoothie-implantation-fertility/

No upset stomach today, which I attribute to the pre-blending of the pineapple. This method meant that I didn't have to deal with the toughness of the core at all, so if you're sensitive about texture this may be the method for you!

Day 4: 4 dpo Method: Chopped pieces of pineapple

I went back to the chopped bits for this day. I am an online ESL tutor for VIPKID and I wanted to be able to eat my pineapple slowly in my breaks between classes. This method was great for that, since I didn't have to deal with the "smoothie" pineapple separating out while I taught my classes. I have gotten used to the tough texture of the core by now and it really doesn't bother me anymore. I was reminded of my friend who eats apple core. She doesn't do this because of any specific reason, more than just habit. I felt like her while I chomped on the core. No upset stomach today, but I did eat the pineapple over a longer period of time and then ate breakfast after.

Day 5: 5 dpo Method: Chopped pieces of pineapple

I definitely found my favorite method. The little chunks were easy to deal with and eating them slowly seemed to be helpful. Unfortunately, I did get an upset stomach because I didn't eat breakfast. I was feeling nauseous so I snacked on crunchy chow mein noodles and felt better. I also got a canker sore this day. I am prone to getting them, but I haven't had them in a few months. I'm certain the acidity of the pineapple is what set this one off. I hope it's a quicky and doesn't last weeks...

As of June 14th, I am 5 dpo. That means I hopefully have a nice, fluffy uterus for implantation to occur as soon as tomorrow. I will be taking pregnancy tests starting on the 22nd, unless, of course, AF shows up. I will be updating this post as time goes on so that we have some solid, anecdotal data on whether this trick has anything to it.

I would be happy to answer questions as best I can. Let me know if you have tried the pineapple trick and if it worked for you!

Cheers! Happy pineapple-eating!